Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ketchikan!

So the first place the boat actually stopped was Ketchikan, this town has about 9,000 people. Its totally isolated, there is only 32miles of road. The only way in is by plane or boat.

The town is really nice, its also know as the salmon capital of the world. There is a little creek where the Salmon swim upstream to spawn. Part of the town is built on boardwalks along the creek.I tried to blend in with the locals as best as I could.
It was the best day we had weather wise, very clear and sunny But still super cold. We spent the afternoon in one of the local establishments. It was called KJ's and had plenty of charm, I was drinking a beer called moose drool and it was great. The bartender was really great, her name was Trixie.
We got back on the boat at about 3pm, the sun doesn't set up here until at 10pm, it was a beautiful day we got some great shots.



This is my favourite
I really liked this town, was great although I think the weather helped. We didn't get another day like that for the rest of the trip.

No comments: