Friday, July 11, 2008

This week

So how good was origin! Was a cracker and I got to see it on a big screen which was awesome.
There was only one pub in town showing it and only about 7 people there to watch. But we made up for it by yelling our asses off.

I was the only maroon supporter and there was plenty of rivalry!
It was really tense! The guy on the left is my housemate, this was his first ever game of league. I don't think he expected it to be so tense.
This is a mate of mine, Mat. He is a die hard Manly and NSW supporter and we had a bet on the game. I am all smiles.
It ended up being a boozy night, this is what I brought with my winnings.
On the weekend we visited Greektown, which was about a half hour bike away. Its really nice and there is heaps of awesome greek food there.
Its got this great big church in the middle of it.
Also on the weekend we tried one of Canada's local dishes, Poutine!
Its basically chips and gravy with cheese curds through it. Cheese curds are like little chewy cheese balls. Sarah searched Hi and low for a place that sold it with veggie gravy. When we finally had it it was a bit of a let down.
The pub was nice though, its really hot here at the moment. Around 30 each day, and doesn't get dark until about 9 or 10 at night. Most bars have a little beergarden thats packed.
I have also been to see a couple of bands, on Monday I went and saw the Loved ones. They were awesome and the venue was small. These are some photos Matt took.





The place turned into a little club after the show, they were playing great music and we got to hang with the bands.Unfortunately the music must have been too good cause I got drunk and lost my sunnies.

Yesterday we went and saw Less than jake do an acoustic instore at a record shop. It was really cool. I have loved the band for ages and it was great to hear the songs played acoustic.


I got some video as well





1 comment:

Unknown said...

man the crowd looks a little thin but how good was the game!!