Saturday, October 25, 2008

Goodbye treddly

We went and saw some bands last weekend at the horseshoe tavern, this place has been showing live bands since 1947!

The first band of the night was called everybody out! and they rocked.
One of the guys used to be in the dropkick murphys.
They were real good sing a long punk, the frontman was great.
The headliners were the aggrolites, the best new reggae band going around!
They killed it, had the whole crowd dancing. This guy was smashing the organ like nobodies business.
They were ripping and finished with an encore on reggae classics and clash songs! awesome.

Today was the last day of work before we go away to mexico, its also the last day that we can ride our bikes. Its getting pretty cold now, and its going to be really cold when we get back. I will miss riding every day for sure. So here to remind me is a few shot of my daily ride to work.

8am: We get on on our bikes for the 5km ride to work.

8:10: we ride through little Italy along collage street, you can see all the Autumn colours in full bloom.

8:15 Pass university of Toronto
8:20 I turn down and head south toward town, I get a great view of the tower from here.

The leaves are all falling down this time of year.

8:24 I cut through the park, past the Ontario Art gallery. This is being upgraded and will open next month.
There is always people doing Tai Chi in the park.
8:26 I turn onto queen street and pass the TV studios

This photo didn't turn out very well, but they are filming the breakfast news on the other side of the window. The Canadian version of sunrise if you will.


The worst thing when you ride is being stuck next to the trams. They stop every few hundred metres and you can't go past them when they are stopped, meaning you stop every few hundred metres.

8:28 Heading toward the centre of Town, I pass the City Hall.

8:29 I pass the old City Hall (its next door to the new one)

8:30 I get to work.

I work for Canada's oldest company. Hudson Bay Company, they are just a big retail company like Coles Myer.
I do this ride to and from work everyday, I am going to miss getting it when I am waiting in minus 10 degrees waiting for a packed streetcar to arrive.

There probably won't be any posts on here until after we get back for Mexico, but don't fear those day of the dead photos will be up here as soon as we get back. Cheers.

No comments: