Wednesday, December 31, 2008

NEW YORK CITY (Sarah's blog)

Hi everyone,

This is my first blog so I hope I do ok! We spent Xmas in New York this year and it was a pretty amazing time to be there. We arrived at around 10pm Xmas Eve and we got straight into sightseeing.

We walked to midtown to see the Rockefella Centre first. This is where everyone goes at Xmas to see the amazing Xmas tree and the light displays.



We stumbled across the world famous Macy's store on the way there! I wanted to shop but the boss wouldn't allow it.

They have awesome window displays there... I'm not quite sure what the theme was behind these, but they looked cool!


We also stumbled across Times Square (well sort of... it's pretty hard to miss!).
It was huge! These photo's really don't do it justice. You can see the lights from a mile away!


Kim also took a video. Excuse the terrible camera skills (I tell him to stop turning it but he doesn't listen to me). I hope this works...

OKAY I TRIED UPLOADING IT BUT IT'S TAKING TOO LONG SORRY. Next!

Xmas morning we woke up to a beautiful sunny day and decided it was a good idea to go for a stroll through Central Park. This park is huge and I can imagine it would be really beautiful in summer/spring when there are leaves on the trees!






The lake's in the park were completely frozen! You could see clumps of snow all over it from where people were trying to break through the ice... they were all unsuccessful.


If you look closely you'll see these ducks aren't paddling in the water... they're waddling on the ice!


We weren't the only ones there. There were heaps of people out for a stroll or a skate!


After a while we just sat back in the sun and relaxed. It was a really nice way to spend Xmas day.


Anyway, all this blogging is making me hungry. Stay tuned for more New York fun.
Love Sarah

No comments: